Loss of adhesion of the
paint film caused by high levels of moisture which penetrate the film and
eventually push the film away from the substrate.
• Excessive moisture in a
home caused by cooking, showering or any other means which would place
moisture in the air such as use of a humidifier, vaporizer or hot tub.
• Excessive moisture in a home due to a high level of humidity in the
basement and/or foundation.
• Proper ventilation can fix
most interior moisture problems. High moisture areas such as bathrooms with
showers should have exhaust fans installed.
• Proper ventilation in the walls and/or roof of the home may be necessary.
Heavily insulated homes need a means for moisture to escape such as roof
vents and possibly outside wall vents.
• Allowing moisture to escape via open windows can also be an option.
• If high levels of moisture/humidity exist in a basement, the cause of this
must be determined and fixed.
• Once proper ventilation has been installed, peeling paint should be
removed and the underlying surface cleaned and primed.
1 Coat of
FLEX BON #107 Series Interior Acrylic
Top Quality FLEX BON Interior